**Updated list of charities assisting disaster victims**
For the past week South Carolina has been ravaged by record flooding. Even though the rain has subsided the devastating water continues to rise. Many families have lost their homes and others are still being forced to evacuate as the surrounding rivers reach record flooding levels. As the flood water travels down the state to the lowcountry, the river in my area isn’t expected to crest until Saturday with more rain predicted.
If you would like to help the residents of South Carolina, donations for the flood victims are being accepted by the Red Cross, Salvation Army, and The United Way. There was also and SPCA flooded. Right now the animals have been moved to temporary foster homes. You can find out more about them and donate to their fundraising efforts at FRWFloodRelief.
These charities are also accepting donations to benefit those affected by the flooding:
- Adventist Community Services – 877-227-2702
- American Red Cross of Central South Carolina – 800-435-7669
- Feeding America – 800-771-2303
- Harvest Hope Food Bank – 803-254-4432
- Lutheran Disaster Response = 800-638-3522
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance – 800-872-3283
- Salvation Army – 800-725-2769
- Southern Baptist Convention/Disaster Relief – 800-462-8657
- United Methodist Committee on Relief, 800-554-8583
- United Way of America – 800-272-4630
- United Way of South Carolina – 803-929-1000